If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Monday 13 May 2019

6th & 7th May

Another step on the road to catch-up.

6th May

Decided to take a break from photographing swan eggs and baby ducklings, so headed out to where I had seen the woodpecker a couple of weeks ago. On the way I cut through the nearby 'meadow' (it's actually the old tip) and spotted a few butterflies as I went.
I didn't see the woodpecker but on the way back I spotted this blue tit flitting in and out of this nest box and near the duck ponds what I think is a female buzzard who seconds after I took this shot jumped across to a nest further in the tree.
 I couldn't go home without popping by the duckponds and ended up photographing the ducklings.

7th May

Headed down to the ponds to see if any of the swan eggs had hatched, nothing yet. I took with me a bag of frozen mixed veg which I scattered on the pond. One of the moorhens appeared and started tucking in, seems it loves peas and sweetcorn (didn't touch the carrots or green beans). The other shot is a profile of one of the mallard males, I love the colours of these birds.

Call me a soppy sentimental old sod if you like but as they didn't survive long I have decided not to post the photos of the new ducklings that I blipped on Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th May.




No comments:

Post a Comment