If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Saturday 16 February 2019

16th February

So, over the past week I have learnt a very good lesson "Never start to celebrate until you know the extent of your victory". Last Friday I was hit by a 48hour flu bug that hit me so hard I remember virtually nothing of those two days, including the taking, editing and post of a photo not just posted on Blip but on a second site as well, I only know this because I can see the postings.
Sunday dawned and I awoke with a little bit of a sniffly cough, I also had a bit of appetite back so put the kettle on for a coffee, but when I reached for the milk I discovered that my fridge had packed up, that was all I needed. The rest of Sunday passed relatively ok, I managed to set up take and edit some photos (and this time I do remember doing it) and my health seemed to be improving all the time (or so I thought).
Monday was a relatively good day, some nice weather and I managed to get out and take some photos and enjoy the day. The landlady had replaced the broken fridge I now had a newer one and a matching freezer. However by Tuesday I was back on my knees again, the cough had drastically worsened to a point that I was doubled over coughing and getting stomach cramps. Sleep Tuesday night was virtually non existent so on Wednesday I went to see my doctor who kindly informed me that I had picked up a chest infection and would need a course of anti-biotics. I am now on a delightful, 7 day, 3 capsules a day course of amoxicillin and whilst I am not yet starting to celebrate, they do appear to be working, the cough is slowly disappearing.

Now on to other things as promised in my post on Blip yesterday, 15th February, I have a few "extras" to yesterdays blipped photo of the fire damaged church. The fact that this church is abandoned and unloved is a crying shame as it is such a beautiful building. Built in 1895 as the Holy Trinity Church, in later years it became the Breakaway Snooker Club (I remember playing several frames there myself. Around early 2000's it was converted into the "Rainbow Funhouse" an indoor children's play area. This closed around 2012 and has been abandoned ever since. A couple of years ago some squatters moved in but were evicted a few months later.
Now sadly it has been damaged by fire, I was unofficially told it was caused by electrical fault, but the electrics were "dodgy".
This first shot was taken from the Terrace car park, from here you can see the damaged roof on the Torwood Street side of the church. About two thirds of the way along the roof you will notice two lines running down the roof, this is where fire personnel had to remove tiles to create a "firebreak" to stop the fire spreading to the spire which inside is made entirely of wood.
Down at the church things looked a little grimmer the side street that runs alongside it has been closed off as there is concern about falling roof tiles and looking up the damage starts to become clearer. This next shot demonstrates more of the beauty of this old building and the sad damage above. My final "extra" was taken from the Meadfoot Sea Road side of the church and reveals a bit more of the extent of damage.


No comments:

Post a Comment