If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Wednesday 20 February 2019

19th February

Well the side effects of the amoxicillin have led to me having to stop taking them (nothing serious just following the advice given on the accompanying leaflet) now on a course of doxycycline only a 1 week course so hopefully these'll finish the job the amoxicillin started.

Managed to get out yesterday (posting a day late as I've no internet at home so having to come into town to the library) and take some photos, still fighting the lack of mojo at the mo so not a lot. I set out from home with an intention to try and find and capture some blossoms, this first shot I think is pear blossom on a tree opposite the bottom of our driveway. It took a bit of capturing as there was a bit of a breeze so it wouldn't stay still, but perseverance eventually paid off.
After cutting down through town to pop into an office to check something I decided to head towards the seafront and have a little play with some selective colour pictures.
The shot on the right shows a memorial bouquet of flowers to a young man in his early twenties who tragically lost his life about four years ago after falling into the sea near this point whilst on a night out with friends. The pic on the left was taken further along the prom towards the beach. As I neared the beach I noticed that the wind had increased a bit and it was starting to get a bit chilly so I decided to start heading back towards home. 



When I crossed from the seafront to head along the Rock Walk I remembered this wonderful "monument" arrangement about halfway along the lower footpath, also remembering that it was "Tiny Tuesday" I stopped to grab a couple of shots.
There is nothing there giving any details of why it was created or even when or who by, but I seem to remember that it has been there for several years, since before the regeneration of Rock Walk in 2010.
I have posted another version of this shot as my blip for 19th February.


My final photo for today is a not very brilliant shot of what I believe is Magnolia blossom think I need to go back and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment