If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Monday 4 February 2019

4th February


Once I had finished the course I had to attend in the morning, I headed home for some lunch and turned my attention towards taking photos. A glance out the window showed a threat of rain so I started thinking what I could take photos of indoors. The blip prompt for today's "Mono Monday" is "tension" and looking around I couldn't see anything, then my eyes stopped on my guitar :) If the tension of the strings isn't right you won't get the right notes. I now had the subject for todays blip. Once I had a few shots I packed up and made a coffee, the plan being that I would look at and edit the photos I had taken. Another look out the window and I saw that the sun was shinning so plans changed, I packed up my gear and set off out.
Heading down through the town centre and along the seafront I was struggling to see anything "new" to photograph, Then as I was crossing the pedestrian bridge on the seafront I noticed these tension bolts holding "fairy" lights along the seafront, so grabbed a couple of shots, before heading on to the duck ponds.

I now had three photos to chose from for my blip - the guitar shot I chose for the blip (click the date, 4th February, to see it), the guitar shot above and the tension bolts above.
Continuing on towards the duckponds at the recreation ground I noticed that the workmen had finished refurbishing the duckpond at Torre Abbey Gardens, where I took this photo of "Reflections and Shadows". Over at the Recreation Ground duckpond there were the usual suspects ready to be photographed.


There were also a couple of not so familiars, I'm not 100% sure what these birds are I think the first one on the left is a female blackbird, the one on the right I believe is a great tit and the bottom one is possibly a wren or a dunnock.



1 comment:

  1. Great mono shots, really like the guitar shot.
    The "Reflections and Shadows" photo is an interesting conception that works well.
    Love the bird shots especially the robins.

    ReplyDelete