If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Wednesday 27 February 2019

27th February


Today's Blipfoto challenge for WideWeds is "In the air/sky" so I set off originally with my 17 - 85mm lens attached and took a few snaps as I headed down through town with the intention of colour popping them, the first one was taken at the bottom of Union Street where this post-box sits opposite WHSmith which now houses the main post office.
As I got to the bottom of town there's a little ice-cream "kiosk" shop with a big fibre-glass "99" outside, which I thought would look great "popped" against a mono background. Whilst taking this photo my lens appears to have pick up a connection fault, hopefully its just a dirty connector that I can sort out myself.

These next two shots are similar to a couple of my extras on Monday and were my planned shot for todays challenge. Instead I chose a shot looking skyward through a bunch of daffodils, click on the date to check it out, 27th February.
After grabbing a photo on the seafront to "pop" later I headed over to the duck ponds.

Over at the duck ponds things seemed a little quiet, the two resident swans were there but there wasn't the usual number of ducks. Even the crows and gulls were fewer than normal. As I wandered round the ponds I discovered why. Most of the ducks were resting on the grass beside the ponds including this guy who seemed very contented basking in the sunshine.
From there I decided to head back via Torre Abbey Gardens where I grabbed my blip for today and these last two photos of some crocuses before walking back up through town, grabbing a bit of shopping on the way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment