If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Friday 1 February 2019

1st February

Baby it's cold outside...…..
It certainly is today.

After popping into town this morning for an appointment and to get some sugar, I arrived back home about 2ish and decided I wasn't going back out. So what do I do about a photo for todays blip, looked around at first not seeing much then thought its Flower Friday I'll take a photo of the "Himalayan Blue Poppy" that I had painted a few months ago. I carried on taking photos of other pictures I had painted, intending to add these as "extras". In the end I chose to blip a painting of a "Bird of Paradise" flower done in acrylic paints. The Himalayan Blue Poppy (added here) was painted using water colours.
Most of these extras are also water colours, with one or two soft pastels and one in pencil and charcoal (can you guess which one lol). I would love to say that they are painted from memory or "real life" truth is they are from photos in books, but all my own work and believe it or not but up until about June last year (2018) I could not paint, a 5 year old could do better. I took a couple of courses and within 3 months was getting these results :)


Whilst most of these have been painted on A4 paper the Rainbow Trout painting above is on A3 and these 4 paintings to the right and left are "bookmarks". The painting of the fishing hooks below gave me a few issues when the masking fluid I was using to protect a couple of areas decided it wanted to take the surface of the paper off when it was removed. The picture of the Griffin Vulture is of course the one that was done in pencil and charcoal.

Of course a post wouldn't be complete without some pictures of birds, so as well as the vulture above here's a Kingfisher in watercolour, a Gannet (I think, I didn't mark it and can't remember) done in soft pastels on black pastel paper, and a Parrot also in watercolours. Click on the date to view my original post for 1st February.










No comments:

Post a Comment