If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Wednesday 13 March 2019

13th March

Slightly mis-remembered todays "Wide Wednesday" prompt, I remembered "something close to you" actual prompt "something in your locality". Fortunately my planned 'shoot' was both 'close to me' and 'in my locality'.
The building in the shot to the right is what used to be Torquay Hospital (or dispensary) until the current hospital was built around 1929. My blip is of "Shrublands House" which used to be the maternity home until around 1969, and was where I was born. Click on 13th March to check out my blip.
As I was walking from taking this shot to where I took my blip (about 100 paces across a little park which was donated to the hospital by the 'Friends of Torquay Hospital) I spotted these two 'marching' on the spot, but they weren't marching, they were 'worm charming'. It's actually quite amusing to watch.


From there I headed down towards the seafront to Torre Abbey where I took the HDR shot below. The barn on the right of the photo is the Spanish Barn and during the Anglo-Spanish war prisoners of a ship from the Spanish Armada were held. Amongst the prisoners was a young girl who had snook aboard disguised as a boy in order to be with her fiancé. Sadly she perished whilst held in the barn and it is said that her ghost still haunts it.

No comments:

Post a Comment