If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Monday 4 March 2019

4th March


Todays weather forecast was for sunshine and showers so I decide that I would try and get out in the morning to grab a couple of photos (mainly for the Mono Monday challenge) and hopefully dodge the showers. The photo to the right was one of two choices for todays challenge, and is of one of the phone boxes around the harbour, mind you I don't think I would want to 'converse' using this pay phone. Not sure what the white substance is and as this was a literal 'quick grab' (lift, snap, replace. Took almost as long to type the actions lol) I didn't spot that until back home editing. To see the pic I chose for todays blip click the date, 4th March.
Prior to grabbing that one I got the one below looking up Fleets Street in Torquay and decided to colour pop a common sign that was on view in several shops.
Incidentally the upper level of shops on the left is where I shot the HDR shot yesterday.
After leaving Fleet Street I was heading around the harbour where for the second day running I saw the fire service responding to a fire, this time only one engine was required as the 'fire' was in one of the roadside bins, presumably somebody hadn't fully extinguished their cigarette, the fire personnel done the job with a couple of buckets of water.
My final shot for today is of the Millennium Bridge that joins the North and South Piers of the inner harbour. The crane visible between the two pillars is on Torwood Street where redevelopment is now underway. Mind you it's taken them about 10 years to get it this far so I'm not expecting to see much yet.
With a few shots in the bag it was back home for coffee and lunch, just in time too as 5 minutes later it hammered it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment