If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Thursday 28 March 2019

27th March

Sorry, but it's another late post partly due to the number of photos taken that needed viewing and editing of the usable ones, and partly due to being tied up with appointments today.

As it was another gorgeous day here on the English Riviera so I decided to go for a long walk to Paignton and back taking plenty of photographs on the way. The photos posted here are not in the order taken but topically grouped.
This first shot was taken at the western end of Tor Abbey Sands looking towards Torquay harbour, look how lovely and clear that water is.
The photo below left is Paignton Pier with Torquay visible through the pier supports. Below right is Paignton Harbour which is a small tidal harbour.
 And this is Paignton seafront looking towards Torquay, the pier is visible in the middle of the photo and the harbour is behind me to the right.


Before leaving Torquay I took this photo of the fountain by the duck ponds with the weeping willow behind, I love the symmetry of the two.
My blip for today's Wide Wednesday challenge of 'something colourful' was going to be this photo of a lovely red tulip with flower background, but in the end I settled for a photo of Sign Walk which can be seen by clicking the date, 27th March.
Such a long walk on such a wonderful day would not be complete without a few bird photos, so here they are. Below left is a photo of a female pigeon looking out from her 'hidey-hole' and a 'suiter' clinging to the wall in hope of mating. To the right is a turnstone caught in flight.

I'm not sure what the bird below is but he graciously sat where was whilst I fired off 4 or 5 photos this was my favourite one.


As I was heading back towards Torquay I spotted this buttery resting and warming itself in the sun and managed to grab my first butterfly shot of the season, not sure what type it is though. This photo was taken using my 70-300mm lens as it was on the other side of a wall and I couldn't get any closer.

Back in Torquay strolling along the seafront and saw these two guys (below), what a way to enjoy a lovely sunny day, mind you I wouldn't want to fall off the water still looked cold.




My last three photos are some colour pops.

The memorial (right) is on a headland as you leave Torquay seafront towards Paignton called Corbyn Head. During the second world war there was a gun emplacement here and one night during a training exercise one of the guns exploded killing 6 Home Guard personnel.

The row of parasols are at a beach café on Corbyn Sands, the westerly end of Torquay seafront. The phone box and anchor are situated above Paignton harbour.


No comments:

Post a Comment