If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Friday 12 April 2019

11th April

Right time to try and catch up with myself, this post is of Thursday's photos.

The theme for the Abstract Thursday challenge was 'Distortion', my blip was of a palm tree shot through the frosted glass of our shower room / toilet. I live in a HMO (House of Multiple Occupation) with about six other males, so glad no-one saw me going in there with my camera might have been a bit awkward trying to explain. Click on the date to see it, 11th April.

After taking that shot I decided to head down and see how the swans and ducks were doing. Both still seem quite contented, mum keeping the eggs warm whilst dad was either sitting on guard or helping to maintain the nest. Although as you can see from the montage further down he did occasionally leave her.


A little bit later on as I was passing on my way home I spotted mum doing a bit of egg rotating.


As already mentioned dad doesn't constantly stay by the nest, I had walked to the seaward end of the duck ponds and was watching a pair of ducks when I head a loud noise behind me. Mr Swan was stretching his wings with a flight along the pond. I quickly raised the camera and managed to photograph his flight. I was a little concerned as he came in to land that he hadn't left enough space to stop, but he graciously landed and cruised to a stop with a few inches to spare.
The ducks were being a bit camera shy but I did manage to grab this shot of this male mallard.
The robins seem to be a bit shy lately as well but I did manage to capture this one on a brief visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment