If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Sunday 7 April 2019

7th April

I start todays blog with the sad news that I suspect the four ducklings that were the centre of yesterdays blog have succumbed to the cruelness of mother nature. I fear that rodents either of the four legged kind or more likely the winged variety have taken them. It is possible that mum has them tucked up in a nest somewhere but I fear the worst. My blog for today was of who I suspect were the chief suspects in the disappearance of the ducklings, click the date to see it, 7th April.

On a happier note, when I viewed the photo I the left of Mrs swan turning the eggs in her nest I was able to count the eggs and discovered that she has EIGHT not five as I initially thought. Let's hope at least some hatch and survive.


The two shots below are Mrs swan resting on her nest and a very protective Mr swan nearby, two gents were walking past with a dog and were too close to the nest for his liking. There was no hissing but he did swim over lifting his wings to this warning pose.

As I was looking around for signs of the ducklings I captured these three (there's two behind the bush) ducks coming to land on the water.


My aim today was to take some macro shots so below is a selection of what I took.

I liked the pattern of this leaf.

The photo below was the first one I took today of a section of tree trunk that attracted my eye, I'm not sure though if it looks better as it is or in mono.


No comments:

Post a Comment