If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Sunday 14 April 2019

14th April


A drab, grey, cold looking morning greeted me as I pulled the curtains back and my enthusiasm and inspiration were out the door as my 'get up and go' got up and went. After lunch I decided to just grab the camera and head out. This dandelion in my first shot, intended to try and draw some inspiration, is just like the taking of the shot itself. Half hearted.
I headed down through town not seeing anything, about halfway down I remembered there is a steep set of steps going up from one of the backstreets, but no inspiration there. Cutting through the Fleet Street car park I took this shot looking down the 'walkway levels' and things seemed to click slightly as I followed it up with a couple of shots in the stair well, one below and another which became my blip for today, click the date to view it, 14th April. These shots were pretty hard for me to take as I have a slight fear of heights.

From there I decided to cut up along the footpath that runs above the Rock Walk heading back home. To get to that path you have to go up these steps behind the amusement arcades near Torquay harbour. Somewhere behind these arcades (the other side of the wall on the left of the picture) is a row of three cottages that are reputed to be the oldest part of Torquay (sadly not accessible). At the top of these steps you will find the subjects of my last two photos which I plan to revisit to have another go at for a Silly Saturday blip.


No comments:

Post a Comment