If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Tuesday 23 April 2019

21st April


Easter Sunday or the Festival of Eostre to give it its original Anglo-Saxon or Pagan name, and not being a particularly religious person I decided to go for a longish walk. With no particular destination in mind and a gorgeous weather forecast I headed away from the seafront and ventured into the countryside following various footpaths. By the time I got back home some 8 hours and 11 miles later I was ready for a sit down, on the way I had spotted, and photographed a variety of moths and butterflies as shown below. The ones with the orange tipped wings were really frustrating after seeing a dozen or so I eventually managed to photograph one when almost back in Torquay.




The two butterflies above are peacock butterflies the one on the left has damage to its lower wings and just after taking this shot it startled me my flying close to my face and landing on my shoulder. Not sure if the two butterflies below are fighting or courting.
After ending up in the village of Kingskerswell I turned and took the back roads back towards Torquay watched by this pair (below left) as I passed and think I spotted the Easter/Eostre bunny.


My last two photos are of birds that I have not captured before a barn swallow,

 and great spotted woodpecker (right), this was the first time I have seen a woodpecker. This was also my blip for today, 21st April

No comments:

Post a Comment