If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Tuesday 22 January 2019

19th - 21st January

There's a little phrase about "best made plans..." that was very apt for my day on Saturday. I had set out with the plan of taking lots of photos, ha ha ha. After taking a couple of shots of some crows, one of which after having a little play with some of the effects in Gimp became my blip for 19th January, I eventually ended up at the duck pond. In the Recreation Ground next to it there was a rugby match just starting, one of Torquay's teams (don't think it was the 1st XV as I believe they were away to Penryn) were in action but not sure who against. This was as far as I got, I did get a couple of shots of the game though, this one was taken through the fence, I could've gone into the ground but wasn't sure of their policy on photography.


Nearly there, the actual date today is the 22nd January so just two more days to catch up. In fact the 20th was the day I decided to set this blog going as I was using my 100 extra photos allocation up too quickly.
My blip for "Derelict Sunday" was of an abandoned chapel in a little wooded area in Torquay known locally as Chapel Woods to view it click 20th January . The extras are of what I think is a goldfinch and a sparrow.


And so the final day of catch up, from my next post I will be blogging extras on the days that I take them, well hopefully lol.

Having retrieved my 80-300mm lens from the pawn shop (I won't go into details) I decided to try and capture some closer shots of the buzzards hanging around the Recreation Ground, unfortunately a couple of crows chased one off as I got there and the other was nowhere to be seen, so instead I decided to shoot some of the other birdlife in the area. My blip for the 21st January was a black and white head shot of one of the two swans that reside on the duck pond.
The first two extras are close ups of a crow, taken using the 80-300mm zoom and apart from some very minor tweaking of exposure and brightness, and a bit of cropping on the portrait style one, are as shot. I just love the blueish tone to his feathers.

The other extras are a goldfinch, a blackbird, a duck about to dive into the pond, what I think might be a moorhen and a four legged (and probably unwanted) visitor I spotted looking for food.






1 comment:

  1. The portrait shot of the crow, makes me think of the "doormen" of the clubs in the 80/90's. "If your names not down...……"

    ReplyDelete