If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Wednesday 23 January 2019

23rd January

Many thanks for the well wishes and messages of sympathy following my challenge to the laws of gravity yesterday. The shoulder is still a bit stiff and sore but not as bad as last night, it's a little bit of a struggle lifting my arm to shoulder height, but hey ho there are others worse of than me.

So on to the photography, as today is "wide Wednesday" I headed back to the seafront area with my 10 - 20 mm attached. My first extra is a wide angle shot of Torre Abbey Sands leading round to Torquay harbour. The steps in the foreground is where I took my tumble yesterday (the step I slipped on is the one above the top green covered one, it's dry today but wasn't yesterday).
The second shot is a HDR "fish eye" shot of Torbay taken on Corbyn Head, Torquay. The headland on the right of the centre of the shot is Berry Head, Brixham and to the left of the centre is Natural Arch just outside Torquay harbour.
On Corbyn Head there is a memorial to the "Volunteer Army 10th Battalion Home Guard, Torbay" and in particular to a group of men killed in action, I believe it was when one of the guns stationed on the headland exploded during a practice session. This is that memorial to six brave men, on the railings just visible in the background there is a collection of knitted poppies the other pic here is just a small number of them.
As I headed down onto Corbyn Sands to continue on to Torre Abbey Sands, where I took the photo of where I had my slip, I spotted this turnstone. He was so engrossed in hunting for tasty morsels among the seaweed that he didn't notice me approach and spend about 10 minutes taking photos of him. This shot was taken using my 70 - 300 mm zoom at about 235mm, I was only about 6 feet from him. Then walking along the prom on Torre Abbey I spotted this declaration of love, don't know who Ian or 'H' are or when it was done.

 Click to see 23rd January's blip.

No comments:

Post a Comment