If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Sunday 27 January 2019

27th January

Last Sunday I posted a blip of the abandoned chapel in Chapel Woods in Torquay intended for the "Derelict Sunday" challenge but stupid me I forgot to add the relevant tag. So today I headed back as it's only about a 10 minute walk away, passed a couple of dogwalkers on the way through the wood but otherwise it was deserted. The chapel is the "Chapel of St. Michael" and is believed to date from the 13th or 14th century.
After taking several photos of the building from different angles I packed up and set off down through the wood in the direction of the seafront to grab a few bird shots for day 2 of the Great British Bird Count, taking a few extra shots as I left, including this shot of the steps leading the way up to the chapel (fortunately I had to come down these).
I only have two bird photos for today as it was pretty windy and cold near the seafront. There was no sign of the buzzards although I think I heard one of them as I was leaving to come home. Even the robins usually by the duck pond stayed out of sight and weren't tempted by food. The two extras which I believe are a goldfinch and a great tit (or is it a blue tit) were taken on a little footpath near Torquay train station. See todays blip here 27th January.



No comments:

Post a Comment