If you like the photographs you see here why not check out my website. Click on the AGB Photography link above.

Monday 21 January 2019

15th and 16th January

Another "Tiny Tuesday" challenge this time the theme was "out of season", whilst heading towards the seafront in Torquay I noticed that one of the tourist shops had decided to open and had a display of colourful children' spades outside this became my blip for 15th January. As I carried on down the road I saw the first of my "extras" in the window of a closed shop.

 After grabbing these I headed over to the Recreation Ground to see if there was anything interesting around. High in the trees I spotted what I thought (and have since had confirmed) was a buzzard, this I have since found out is one of two that can be regularly seen in this area. I had hoped he would come a bit lower but he wouldn't oblige, the first of the two shots is a crop of the first.

 The gull is a young black headed gull, one of a dozen or so hanging around the duck pond.

The last shot is an infiltrator on the pond, all the other ducks here are male and female mallards, I was told that this is a Painted Mandarin but I think it looks more like a female Wood Duck.


Wednesday dawned with a not very promising look, it was raining. But by mid morning the rain had stopped so I decided to chance it and set out to try and capture some better shots of the buzzard spotted on Tuesday. I managed to grab a couple of mediocre shots but had to give up as the rain returned.


By 4 o'clock the rain had cleared and there was the start of a very nice sunset, sadly by the time I had finished what I was doing and made it down to the seafront I was just in time to catch the last of it. Having come out and still needing a blip for the "Wide Wednesday" challenge, I headed over to the harbour to capture some "night" shots of the Millennium Bridge that links the North and South piers of the inner harbour. The actual shot I chose for my 16th January blip was a version of the pic in the bottom left of the collage but had me walking towards the camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment